- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cans chopped clams, drained
- 1/ 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/ 2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes Chunky Style in Puree with Sweet Basil
- 1/ 4 cup water
- 1 pound linguine, cooked
- Romano cheese, for garnish
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring often so the garlic doesn't burn. Add clams, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and dried parsley and stir to combine. Sauté for 3-4 minutes stirring often until heated through.
Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer for 2 minutes stirring often to reduce slightly. Add crushed tomatoes and swirl water in empty can to get any tomatoes that may have been left behind and then stir the water into the pan.
Bring to a simmer and then reduce to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring periodically.
Serve immediately over hot linguine with a sprinkle of Romano cheese.