Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- 1 package Spice Cake Mix (or vanilla)
- 1 package Instant Vanilla, Butterscotch or Caramel Pudding Mix (small box)
- 1 cup sour cream (or replace with plain greek yogurt)
- 4 large slightly beaten eggs
- 1/ 2 cup vegetable oil (like Grapeseed or Avocado oil)
- 5 tablespoons all natural pure cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/ 2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F (325° for dark or coated pans) or for baking at altitude. Combine cake mix, instant pudding, sour cream, eggs, and oil and beat together well, batter will be thick. Grease a 10" 10" bundt pan well with spray oil. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and pecans, if using.
Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with the sugar mixture, reserving a little to sprinkle on top. Pour the rest of the batter into the pan and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar. Bake 45-1 hour, until toothpick comes out clean or a few crumbs. Invert onto cooling rack and let cool for about 10 minutes on rack, then remove from pan. If your cake sticks see post for tips on how to release. Glaze if desired
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/ 4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/ 4 cup heavy cream
Glaze Instructions Melt butter and brown sugar in small saucepan, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add cream and salt, bringing to simmer, cooking for 2 minutes. Cool for 10-20 minutes (longer for thicker glaze). Drizzle over top of warm or cooled cake. Drizzling over warm cake will yield a moist sticky glaze, allowing to cool and drizzling over cooled cake will yield more of a drizzle.
Try vanilla or white cake mix also, if you still want it "spicy", add 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves and allspice Try replacing with an all natural cake mix or Gluten Free cake mix.