Summer Tomatoes with Warm Spiced Olive Oil
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 10mins
Serves or Makes: 4
- 1/ 3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspooon your favorite spice blend, such as harissa powder
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano or thyme
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 1/ 2 pounds tomatoes, sliced if large
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Dried chili flakes, optional
- Lemon juice, as needed, optional
In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, harissa spice, herbs and garlic. Heat gently over low heat until herbs start to sizzle.
Arrange tomatoes in shallow bowl or rimmed platter (to catch the juices!)
Just before serving, spoon or pour warm sizzling oil over tomatoes.
Season with salt, dried chili and a squeeze of lemon, if desired.