We created this recipe using a variety of our favorite Simply Organic spices. Serve this stunning recipe as a vegetarian entree or as a showstopping side! Recipe and video sponsored by Simply Organic.
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed, stem end trimmed to a flat surface
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic turmeric
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic ginger
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Simply Organic cumin
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Simply Organic crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons yogurt (greek or plant based)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- To serve: hummus, parsley, pomegranate arils
Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Combine the olive oil, spices and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the cauliflower head in the center of a cast iron skillet, and brush the entire head with the olive oil mix. Add the halved lemon to the skillet cut side down, then place in the oven. Remove the lemon after about 20 minutes of cooking time, but let the cauliflower roast for 50 minutes to one hour, or until the cauliflower is gold brown on the exterior and tender in the center. You can check the tenderness by inserting a skewer into the center of the cauliflower. It should pass through easily.
While the cauliflower roasts, make the tahini sauce. To make the tahini sauce, add tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, and roasted garlic to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
When the cauliflower is tender, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
To serve, spread the prepared hummus on a serving platter, then add the cauliflower. Drizzle with tahini sauce, parsley and pomegranate arils. Slice portions of the cauliflower with a sharp chef's knife and serve.