For the Cookies:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/ 2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Handsome Brook Farm Pasture-Raised Organic Egg
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 cup raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
Add butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream the butter and brown sugar for about 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and cream cheese and beat for 2 more minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder, then add to the bowl of the stand mixer and mix until no streaks of flour remain.
Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Press each dough half into a dish and wrap in parchment. Set in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
Once dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 ̊F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Working with 1 disc of dough at a time, roll out into a ¼ inch thick rectangle and cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters of choice. Using a smaller cutter, cut a ‘window’ in half of the cookies. Place on prepared sheet pans and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Let cool completely, then flip whole cookies (the ones without windows) over and add about 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry jam to each. Top with the ‘windowed’ cookies, then dust with powdered sugar and serve.