How To Core Cabbage
A Note From feedfeed
Learn how to remove the core from a head of cabbage with our test kitchen manager Rachel Gurjar!
Have mountains of cabbage that need to be used? Get the recipe for Rachel’s Tomatillo Chicken Soup here!
Serves or Makes: 4-6
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet peppers
- 1/ 3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons extra snap peas
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- pinch of salt
Julienne slice all of the vegetables into thin matchstick sized pieces. Mix together in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients.
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and gently mix together. Adjust the seasoning and chill. Arrange on a platter and garnish with extra chopped cilantro, extra peas, white sesame seeds and a few twists of fresh ground salt & pepper.