- 1/ 4 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas or white beans, non-organic works best here, see note)
- 1/ 8 teaspooon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, such as Hlthpunk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/ 2 cup vegetable oil (such as sunflower, avocado or grapeseed)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/ 2 cup loosely packed herbs, finely chopped (such as dill, parsley, cilantro, tarragon and/or chives)
Add aquafaba and cream of tartar to the pitcher or carafe of a blender. Blend on low speed, gradually increasing speed to medium for about 2 minutes. Add mustard, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Gradually stream in oil through the top with a blender on low speed. Increase speed to high and blend for about 30 seconds.
Transfer to a bowl, stir in lemon juice and herbs. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.