This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Sweet, spicy and smoky; Just how we like our cocktails! We used Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes to make this savory cocktail, adding a new twist to a margarita.
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce chipotle honey, recipe below
- 2 ounces Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, water only
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 3 drops saline solution, recipe below
- 4 drops olive oil
- Red chili pepper, optional for garnish
- Cucumber, sliced into ribbons, optional for garnish
Add lemon, chipotle honey, Muir Glen Fire Roasted tomato water, mezcal and saline solution to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
Close the shaker and shake vigorously for 2 minutes. Double strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass. Add 4 drops of olive oil on top and add optional garnish.
For the Chipotle Honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from a 7 ounce can of chipotle peppers in adobo
To Make the Chipotle Honey
Add honey and adobo sauce to a small bowl and whisk until well-combined. Store in an airtight jar for up to 1 week.
For the Saline Solution
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup water
To Make the Saline Solution
Add salt and water to a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until clear. Transfer to a dropper dispenser for easy use