Every city has their favorite Italian-style sub, and this version made with Land O Lakes® White Deli American is a nod to the classic New England Style Italian Sub. It can be found in delis all over the Northeast, but we took a few liberties (sorry sandwich purists!). We swapped standard black olives for a punchy kalamata olive and oregano spread, so you get flavor in every bite.
Watch how we made it here!
Find more sandwich recipes using Deli American here!
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/ 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 Italian sub rolls, split in half
- 8 slices Land O Lakes® White Deli American
- 3/ 4 pound thinly sliced ham (we used coppa here)
- 2 large kosher dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/ 2 cup banana peppers
- 1/ 2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 green bell pepper, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Potato chips, for serving
Add the olives, red wine vinegar, olive oil and oregano to a small food processor. Process until you have a smooth paste.
Divide the paste among the 4 rolls and spread in in even layer. Add cheese, ham, pickles, tomato slices, romaine, banana pepper, onion and green pepper to each roll.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.