photo by @andrealoretdemola
Perfect for weekday lunch meal prep, this chicken and veggie lunch box is inspired by Mediterranean mezze platters. Boneless chicken is marinated in Litehouse Purely Balanced Tzatziki Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing and grilled. Each box is prepped with whole grain pita, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, store-bought dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) and extra tzatziki ranch for dipping!
Meal prep tips: You can marinate the chicken up to 24 hours before grilling. Grilled chicken can be meal prepped a few days in advance. The assembled boxes can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for easy on-the-go lunching throughout the week!
For the chicken:
- 1 cup Litehouse Purely Balanced Tzatziki Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied if large
For the snack box:
- 8 small cucumbers, cut into sticks
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, cut into triangles
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces store-bought stuffed grape leaves (dolmas)
- 1 cup mixed olives, drained
- 4 lemon wedges
For the chicken:
In a large bowl combine ½ cup dressing, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and a black pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush grill with a little oil.
Remove chicken from marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature when tested with an instant-read thermometer reaches 165F. Remove onto a plate and let cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch strips. Chicken can be prepped up to 4 days in advance, keep chilled.
For the snack boxes:
Divide chicken, cucumber, pita, cherry tomatoes, grape leaves, olives and lemon wedges into large airtight containers or bento boxes. Divide remaining ½ cup dressing into 4 small cups, tuck into each lunch box for dipping. Refrigerate until ready to eat.