We served this perfectly sweet Maple-Yogurt Sheet Cake with Whipped Fig Cinnamon Yogurt Frosting at our event with Danone North America celebrating 10 decades of Danone yogurt innovation!
Read about our event at FeedfeedBrooklyn with Danone North America here!
For the Cake:
- 2 1/ 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 3/ 4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/ 4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/ 2 cups Two Good Lowfat Greek Yogurt – Plain
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/ 2 teaspoons maple extract, (optional)
- Nonstick spray, as needed
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/ 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Activia Less Sugar, More Good – Fig Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- A pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350oF and line a 9 by 13 inch sheet pan with parchment paper, then spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda together. Set aside.
To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add room temperature butter, granulated sugar and maple syrup. Cream together at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of the flour mixture, then add Two Good Lowfat Greek Yogurt – Plain, vanilla extract and maple extract (if using). Beat until just combined, then add remaining flour and fold in by hand, stopping as soon as steaks of flour have dissolved. Do not overmix.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool.
To make the frosting, clean the bowl of your stand mixer and add the butter. Cream for about 2-3 minutes, then add the sifted confectioners sugar, milk, Activia Less Sugar, More Good – Fig Cinnamon, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix on low speed to start, then increase the speed to medium-high, beating for about 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
If needed, you can add more sugar or milk as needed until you reach the desired consistency.
Top cooled cake with prepared frosting and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.