We used Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to throw together this super-tasty sheet pan nacho dinner. Drawing from classic Mediterranean staples, this recipe is a great way to use up tomatoes and cucumbers in the summer. If you're short on time, you can always use store bought hummus or tzatziki sauce as an easy topper.
- 1 (6-oz) chicken breast, butterflied*
- 5 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 pita rounds, sliced into triangular wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, divided
- 1/ 2 cup black olives
- 1/ 2 cup packed fresh dill, chopped and divided
- 1/ 2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped and divided
- 2 teaspoons Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/ 4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/ 2 cup crumbled feta, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375˚ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss chicken in 1 tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp dried oregano, salt & pepper. Bake on prepared sheet pan until cooked through, about 25-30 minutes, flipping once. Once cooled, shred chicken.
On a separate sheet pan, toss pita wedges into 1 tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, remaining 1 tsp dried oregano, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Bake until browned and crispy, 10-12 minutes.
Coarsely chop half of the cucumber. In a large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, olives, ¼ cup fresh dill, ¼ cup fresh mint, Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk tahini, 1 tbsp Pompeian EVOO, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper. Thin out with water, if desired. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk Greek yogurt, garlic cloves, 1 tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, remaining ¼ cup fresh mint, remaining ¼ cup fresh dill, salt and pepper. Peel remaining half of cucumber and grate into yogurt mixture. Mix and set aside.
Top pita chips with shredded chicken, chickpea mixture, tahini sauce, yogurt mixture, and feta. Serve immediately.
* Note: To butterfly chicken breast, place the chicken on a cutting board and place your palm firmly on top. With a sharp knife in the other hand, carefully cut through the chicken breast horizontally until you are able to open the chicken breast like a book. Use a meat mallet to further flatten the chicken breast, if desired.