Chef Ryan Ross stopped by Feedfeed Brooklyn to whip up these delightful appetizers. Feel free to decorate and adorn with your favorite seasonings, spices, and edible flowers. Example blends could be any of the following:
1. Calendula petals, johnny jump ups, bachelor's buttons, thyme leaves and flowers, poppyseeds
2. Dill, parsley, chives, lemon zest, black sesame seeds, nasturtium
3. Chopped dried cranberry, chopped pistachio, chopped almond, hemp hulls, chopped pine needles, dried lavender buds, mint, oregano
Watch us make in on IG Live HERE!
For the chevre truffle:
- 11 ounces plain chevre
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fleur de sel, or sea salt
For the dredge:
- 2 cups a blend of edible petals, herbs, seeds, chopped nuts and dried fruits
Let chevre soften slightly and with a fork stir in honey, olive oil and salt. Between your palms roll about 1/2 tablespoon sized mounds of seasoned chevre into smooth round balls and lay out on a parchment lined sheet pan. Let firm up a bit by chilling in the fridge if needed before rolling each truffle in the colorful dredge. Once rolled and coated well place truffle back onto parchment lined pan and keep chilled before service. Will store for a week in the fridge in a sealed container.