Want another great recipe featruing Mi Nina tortilla Chips? Check out our easy Instant Pot Queso recipe here. We were lucky enough to make these LIVE with Chef Jaime Mammano at FeedfeedBrooklyn. Check out the video here.
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 5 medium fresh tomatoes, washed and cored
- 6 Serrano peppers, washed (or use less if you don't want it too spicy)
- 1 small white onion, chopped, divided
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/ 4 cup grated Cotija cheese
- 8 Eggs, cooked to your liking
- 1/ 2 bunch cilantro, washed
- salt, to taste
- 1 bag Mi Nina Sea Salt tortilla chips
For the tomato broth, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the tomatoes. Cook until slightly charred. Remove from skillet, then repeat process with the serrano peppers. Let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, peel the tomatoes and remove the stems from the peppers.
Place tomatoes and peppers in blender with garlic cloves and chicken stock and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
In large skillet, sweat half of the onions in oil over medium low heat for 3 about minutes. Add tomato broth, then bring to simmer for 1 min and add a little more than 1/2 bag of chips. Let chips rest in pan to desired doneness.
Divide into 4 plates. Top each with 2 sunny side up eggs, and garnish with remaining onion and fresh cilantro.