What the world needs now is more chicken tenders. And tacos. And what better way to give yourself a morale boost by marrying the two together into this chicken tender taco of our dreams. When we got our hands on CAULIPOWER’s new Chicken Tenders and Cauliflower Tortillas, we knew it was time for a taco party (looking for a spicy kick in your tacos? Check out CAULIPOWER's Spicy(ish) Chicken Tenders!). We love basing our tacos around these tenders thanks to the fact that they're just 490 calories for an entire package with only 11 net carbs per serving. On top of that, they have no sugar, no oil, no dairy, and no egg…No kidding. The world DEFINITELY needs more of these chicken tenders!
A little fridge clean-out led to this recipe, featuring quick pickled red onions, a tangy yogurt-based tartar sauce, and some marinated kale to make a surprisingly wholesome and satisfying meal to match the innovation of a cauliflower-crusted tender. The truth is you can mix and match the toppings to your liking and whatever you have on hand. All you need is something tangy or pickled, something green, and something saucy. Past that, the sky’s the limit!
Get CAULIPOWER products for pick-up and delivery here!
- 1/ 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/ 3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon, zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 cups leaves only, thinly sliced kale
- 1 (14-ounce) package CAULIPOWER Chicken Tenders, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 CAULIPOWER Grain-Free Tortillas, cooked according to package instructions
In a small jar, combine the red onion, lemon juice, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Shake well to combine, then set aside, shaking every few minutes.
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, chives, mint, capers, lemon zest, and garlic. Season with salt.
In another medium bowl, massage the kale with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and a heavy pinch of salt for 1 minute. Set aside.
To assemble, divide the chicken tenders between the tortillas. Top each with a spread of the tartar sauce, some dressed kale, and pickled onions, then serve.