For the Bone Broth
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 stalks celery, chopped, veins removed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
To Make the Bone Broth
Remove white and dark meat from the chicken, and place the carcass in a large stock pot. Add all ingredients, except salt and pepper, with 8-9 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 2 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper, then strain through a sieve into storage containers.
For the Orzo Greek Salad
- 4 cups orzo, cooked according to package directions, in bone broth (recipe above)
- 1 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 1/ 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/ 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons raw honey, or agave syrup
To Make the Orzo Greek Salad
Toss orzo, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients in a jar and shake to mix well.
Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix to distribute evenly.