- 1 banana, mashed (optional, reserve 5-6 slices for topping)
- 1/2 cups almond butter, ( peanut butter works well)
- 1/2 cups strawberry chia jam
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- optional for topping, 2-3 sliced strawberries, 2 tbsp chocolate chips and reserved banana slices
Pre heat oven to 175C (350F) Line a 20×20 cm(8×8 inch) baking pan with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, strawberry chia jam, peanut butter, egg and vanilla paste and mix until smooth and well blended. Sift in the cacao and baking soda and gently mix in using a spatula. Pore batter in prepared pan and spread to an even layer using the spatula. Top with strawberry and banana slices and chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let cool before removing from the pan. Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream or eat as is. Enjoy!