- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or honey
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/ 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup pitted and chopped cherries
- 1/ 3 cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil, for cooking
Mixing the almond milk with the vinegar. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add the almond milk mixture with the maple syrup and vanilla paste. Mix until just combined, be carful not to over mix or the pancakes will become dense. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes then gently fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, melt a little coconut oil and ladle a small amount of batter into the pan. Cook until the pancakes has bubbles on the top, flip and cook the other side. Serve the pancakes with fresh cherries and melted chocolate or maple syrup if desired.