For the Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 11/2 pounds shrimp, deveined, tails off
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly cracked
For the Salad
- Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, hardboiled
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- ranch dressing, for serving
In a medium mixing bowl, toss shrimp with chipotle, cumin, tapioca starch, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes each side.
Serve shrimp over romaine lettuce and remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with ranch dressing.