- 1 cup cubed pancetta
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 1/ 2 cups kimchi, chopped, plus 2-3 tablespoons liquid from kimchi jar
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Sesame oil
- sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 sheets roasted seaweed, crumbled
Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high and sauté pancetta until fat renders.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chopped kimchi and sauté until a few of kimchi pieces get crispy, 5 minutes.
Add the rice (preferably from the day before) and cook until everything is well incorporated. Add the kimchi liquid, soy sauce, a drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds. Transfer to a bowl.
Add oil to a skillet and fry eggs until whites are set and yolk reaches desired doneness. Remove from pan and set on top of rice. Top with chives and crumbled seaweed.