- 1 cup cranberries, fresh, divided
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- Black pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks, or chicken thighs
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, washed, halved
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 bunch thyme
In a food processor or blender process 1/2 cup cranberries, 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and the water until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a big bowl and add the chicken pieces, tossing to coat. Let marinated at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the potatoes in a big bowl. Pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, dried thyme, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Place the chicken and cranberry mixture in a baking dish. Add remaining fresh cranberries around and fresh thyme. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, then season with salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes and the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes.