This Creamy Italian Tortellini Soup from SupperWithMichelle is the perfect the bowl of soup you need for cold weather! With so few ingreidients, it relies on the amazing flavor of the Tuttorosso tomatoes that she uses.
For more recipes using Tuttorosso Tomatoes, click here!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium celery rib/stalk, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb blend
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes
- 41/2 cups (32 ounces) of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package of cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional Toppings: Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, a small drizzle of olive oil, and/or bread
In a large pot, heat olive oil over low to medium heat and add in carrots, celery, and onions. Sauté until vegetables have softened, about 10-15 minutes. Add in garlic and Italian dried herbs and sauté until fragrant, about 2 more minutes. Add in tomatoes, then slowly pour in vegetable broth and stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium and once broth comes to a boil, add in cheese tortellini. Allow tortellini to boil until they are just about done, about 5-8 minutes. Then, reduce heat to low, stir in heavy cream and spinach, and let simmer for a couple more minutes. Add sea salt to taste.**
Ladle soup into bowl and top with a little fresh basil and some grated parmesan cheese or fresh bread.
**Note… as your soup cools, your soup will thicken a little more as your noodles absorb the liquid. Feel free to add a little water or vegetable broth to thin it out some.