- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped, chunks, or chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray loaf pan with olive oil.
Sift flours and cocoa powder into large bowl. Whisk in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla; set aside.
Place zucchini on paper towel and squeeze out/discard excess juice.
Stir wet ingredients into dry and fold in zucchini shreds and chocolate until no flour pockets remain.
Pour batter into loaf pan, sprinkle with any desired toppings, and bake for about 30 minutes or until loaf bounces back when lightly tapped. If you’ve omitted the chocolate chips, you can use a toothpick to check for doneness.
Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a cooling rack.
1) for muffins, reduce baking powder to 1/4 tsp, raise temp to 375°, and bake for 18-22 minutes or until muffin bounces back when lightly tapped
2) for chocolate drizzle, melt together a small amount of chocolate with a little coconut oil and drizzle over cool bread