"Plant Based Pizza with Three Ingredient Crust Made from Japanese Sweet Potato (paleo and vegan!) Happy Monday loves! Thank you all for your kind messages this weekend...I truly love you all! I’m back today and sharing this pizza I made last week which was the BOMB.com."
Sweet Potato Crust Pizza with Pesto, Avocado, and Balsamic Strawberries
Prep time 30mins
Cook time 35mins
Serves or Makes: 1
- 1 1/ 2 cups Japanese sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 2 1/ 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tahini, plus more for drizzling
- 1/ 4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt, as needed
- 1/ 2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegan gouda cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/ 4 cup jarred or homemade vegan pesto
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Preheat the oven to 425℉ and line and prepare a greased parchment paper covered baking sheet or pizza stone.
Add steamed sweet potato, coconut flour, tahini, thyme and salt to a food processor and process until a dough forms.
Press the crust in an even layer onto the prepared pan and bake until light golden brown, about 35 minutes.
While the crust is cooking, marinate the strawberries. In a small bowl, add the strawberries and balsamic. Toss to combine and set aside.
Once the crust is baked, top with gouda, arugula, vegan pesto, balsamic-soaked strawberries, avocado, toasted pine nuts, and tahini.