This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Reprinted from Piatti by Stacy Adimando with permission by Chronicle Books, 2019.
- 2 round heads radicchio, cut through the roots into 12 wedges (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 ears fresh yellow corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons full fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 medium bulb fennel, very thinly sliced, plus fennel fronds, for garnishing
- Chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Flaked sea salt
In a large bowl, combine the radicchio wedges and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with about ⅛ teaspoon of kosher salt and toss to coat the radicchio.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Place the radicchio wedges and corn on the grill. Cook, rotating occasionally as needed, until the radicchio is well charred and the corn is lightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes for the radicchio and about 8 minutes for the corn. Remove.
Once slightly cooled, cut the corn from the cob using a sharp knife.
In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, lime juice, remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, honey, a pinch of kosher salt, and a generous amount of pepper to form a dressing. Add half the corn and fennel to the bowl with the dressing and toss briefly to coat. Nestle the radicchio wedges into the dressing, turning them to coat.
In a large, wide, shallow bowl or on a rimmed platter, place the radicchio wedges and the dressed vegetables. Top with the remaining corn and fennel and spoon the remaining dressing on top. Garnish with some fennel fronds, chives, flaky sea salt, and more pepper, and serve.