- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons zaatar
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Salt, To Taste
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, or italian bread
- Mozzarella cheese, thinly cut into squares for stuffing or shredded cheese
Preheat ove to 350ºF.
Mix melted butter and spices in a bowl. Cut the bread as though for slices, making sure not to slice all the way through. Repeat in the other direction. Spread the spiced butter mixture onto the loaf of bread and drizzle into all the cracks. Stuff the cheese into all the rows and each corner.
Wrap bread in tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes. Sprinkle with more zaatar before serving.