For the Lemon Marinated Chicken
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1/ 4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
For the Roasted Vegetables
- 1/ 2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 10 grinds freshly cracked black pepper
For the Fire Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon aminos
- 2 cups cooked grains
- 1/ 4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon, sliced into wedges
To make the chicken: In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, 1⁄4 cup olive oil, aminos, garlic, and oregano together. Add chicken breasts, tossing to coat. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes. If you marinate for longer than 30 minutes, be sure to place the chicken in the refrigerator.
To make roasted vegetables: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine prepared vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, tossing with your hands to thoroughly coat each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Roast until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
Once chicken is done marinating, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an oven safe pan (I like to use a cast iron!). Add chicken to pan, cooking on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden and seared. Transfer chicken to 400ºF oven for the last 10 minutes that the vegetables are cooking. Ensure chicken is cooked to 165ºF.
As the vegetables are roasting and the chicken cooking, prepare the Fire Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette. In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend thoroughly to combine, or until desired consistency is met. I blended mine for about 20 seconds until it was completely smooth.
In two separate bowls, divide cooked grains. Top with roasted vegetables, cubed cooked lemon chicken, and drizzle with Fire Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with sliced lemons.