- 7 ounces bite sized cubes Tofu
- 9 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 thinly sliced red chillies
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal sauce
- 5 ounces washed and chopped kalmi shak
- 6 cut in half lengthways cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or peanut oil
Heat half of the oil and saute mushrooms. Once slightly browned on both sides, remove from heat and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil. Saute garlic and chillies. Do not brown them. Add tofu/paneer and saute till brown. Toss in the cashews. Add the previously sauted mushrooms. Add the fish sauce and sambal paste and mix well. Add the kalmi Shak. Saute till wilted.
Serve Immediately with forbidden rice or any other sticky rice. For a vegan version, you can avoid fish sauce and add in a little dark soy sauce instead.