- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 10 ounces shredded red cabbage, green cabbage or Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 ahi tuna steak
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Combine the carrots, celery, cabbage, edamame and green onion in a bowl.
Pat tuna steak dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Cover with sesame seeds. Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the tuna steak and sear top and bottom for 2 minutes each side, just until they start to turn color.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup avocado oil, peanut butter, miso, and rice vinegar to combine. Toss with the salad and let sit for about 10 minutes to soften the vegetables. Top with the tuna steak and serve.