Spinach Mashed Potatoes with Beluga Lentils
"A little springy, a lot of comfort ⠀"
Recipe Intro From scusatema
Serves or Makes: serves 4
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- grated parmigiano, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Splash of heavy cream or milk
- 2 cups cooked beluga lentils
- Sour cream, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- a sprinkle of flax seeds (optional)
- fresh mint (optional)
Add potatoes to a large stock pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Add a generous pinch of salt to the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes, then mash with milk and 1 tbsp of butter.
Meanwhile, briefly sauté spinach with remaining butter until it is wilted and bright green. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in a good amount of grated parmigiano. Puree the spinach, then fold it into the mashed potatoes.
To assemble the bowls, add a dollop of spinach mashed potatoes to the bottom of a bowl, then top with a scoop of cooked lentils, sour cream to taste and a drizzle of olive oil. Top with a sprinkle of flax seeds and fresh mint, if desired.