"Packed with a ton of vegetables this can be eaten hot or cold and is super healthy. If you can't get hold of udon noodles, it should work equally well with any other variety of noodles although the chewiness and thickness of udon noodles works really well in this dish."
Udon Noodles with Vegetables
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 5mins
Serves or Makes: 2-3
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/ 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/ 4 cup French beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/ 2 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/ 2 cup edamame
- 1/ 4 cup snow peas
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/ 2 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 (14-ounce) package udon noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
Heat oil in a wok. Sauté garlic for a few seconds. Add black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Stir fry broccoli, beans, peas, water chestnuts, edamame, snow peas, red peppers, cabbage, mushrooms and ginger.
Add the noodles and keep stirring. Add in the carrots and stir in soy sauce, mirin and sriracha.
Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.