- 1/ 2 packet rice noodles
- 1 pound deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped or grated garlic
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 slit green chilies
- 1 teaspoon powder paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon julienned ginger
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon powder coriander
- 1 teaspoon powder cumin
- 1 tablespoon powder turmeric
- 1 teaspoon powder black pepper
- 1 medium sliced thin white onion
- 2 tablespoon juice lime
- 1 sliced avocado
Heat a pot of water and stir in rice noodles. Soak for 5 mins. Drain and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till soft. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cumin, black pepper, green chilies and cook for a couple of mins.
Add in 1 can of coconut milk, brown sugar, kaffir lime leaves, shrimp paste and let it come to a gentle simmer for about 10 mins.
Add prawns and chopped tomato. Cook for a couple of mins.
Add in rice noodles, picked jalapeños and lime juice. Garnish with avocado and serve.