- 1 container Maftoul couscous
- 2 cubes vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/ 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 juice lemons
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 medium chopped red onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 package halved kumato or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 can chopped artichoke
- 4 tablespoon chopped coriander leaf
- 4 1/ 4 cups water
Heat 4 & ¼ cup of water with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 stock cubes (vegetarian or chicken). Add 1 packet of couscous and cook on medium heat for 12-13 mins. Cover and let all the water soak into the grains.
Cook 1 cup of chickpeas in the pressure cooker with 4 cups of water for 7-8 whistles. Discard water and keep chickpeas in the bowl. Omit this step if you're using canned chickpeas.
Prepare the dressing: combine together 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp garlic, juice of 2 lemons, 1 tbsp crushed black pepper. Set aside. Also prepare the vegetables while the couscous is being cooked.
In a large bowl assemble the following: onions, tomato, oregano, artichoke, couscous, coriander leaf, carrots, chickpeas. Pour dressing on top and mix. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and halved black grape tomatoes. Enjoy!