- 3/ 4 cups gluten free muffin mix
- 1/ 4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/ 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/ 4 cups nondairy yogurt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch giant cinnamon
- 1 pinch giant nutmeg
- 1 pinch giant pumpkin pie spice
- 1/ 4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Line a muffin tin with liners. If you make this recipe as is, you will only need six. If you double, you will need all 12. I used a 6-cup muffin tin to make it easier.
Whisk the muffin mix, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
Whisk the nut butter, pumpkin, coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, and spices together in a separate large bowl until smooth. This may take a bit of effort because of the nut butter. If you are using chilled nut butter, warm it up first.
Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Fill the cupcake liners with muffin batter. Try to keep them as even as possible.
Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 17-19 minutes.
Cool muffins on top of a cooling rack for five minutes before taking them out of the pan and cooling them on the rack until completely cooled (unless you like to eat them warm, like I do. Just be prepared for them to fall apart!)