- 1/ 2 cups melted unsalted butter
- 2 at room temperature eggs
- 1/ 4 cups dark honey
- 1/ 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/ 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/ 41 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/ 4 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 1/ 4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/ 2 cups grated zucchini
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and butter and flour a 9×4-inch (approx. 23×10 cm) loaf pan.
Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl. Cool slightly, then whisk in the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the honey and vanilla.
Place a mesh sieve over top of the bowl and add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Stir and tap the sieve so that the dry ingredients are well mixed as they fall into the wet ingredients.
With a wooden spoon, stir the batter until the ingredients are just combined. Fold in the the zucchini. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until the loaf is golden and a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool a few minutes longer before slicing.