- 1 thinly sliced eggplant
- 6 thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 2 thinly sliced turnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garam marsala
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 28 ounces diced canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- or to taste salt & pepper
Smoke 1 halved eggplant over grill until blackened and soft. Add to food processor the following: 1 garlic clove, finely grated, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup finely chopped mint, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 2 tablespoons olive oil, Kosher salt. Set aside.
Preheat the oven for 375˚F.
Slice all vegetables at 1/8”.
Heat olive oil at medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers about 10 minutes.
Season then add the crushed tomatoes and butternut. Stir until fully incorporated. Remove from heat, add basil.
Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating pattern on top of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover the pan with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, bake for another 20.
Mix herb seasoning ingredients and pour over the cooked ratatouille. (Herb seasoning: 2T chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, from 8-10 leaves, 1t minced garlic, 2T Chopped parsley, 2t fresh thyme, 4T olive oil, salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste)
Then dollop on that eggplant and sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds with olive oil drizzle and black sesame seeds!