- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Powdered sugar, optional, for garnish
- Orange, sliced optional for garnish
- Nuts, optional, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8x8-inch square or round cake pan.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until easily pierced by a fork.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until just set in center.
Garnish with powdered sugar, orange slices, and nuts.