- 1 3/ 4 cups GoGo Quinoa vegan pancake flour
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed with 6 T water
- 1 cups oat milk
- 3 ounces Miyokos Vegan Cream Cheese
- 3 teaspoons Miyokos Vegan Butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cups chopped mixed berries (strawberries/blueberries here)
- to taste (recipe below) dark cane syrup
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks with oat milk.
Add cream cheese and mix until cream cheese has separated into uniformly small lumps, about the size of large cottage cheese lumps.
Stir in melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
Add dry ingredients to wet, then stir to combine.
Whisk two egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold gently into batter.
Heat a griddle or cast iron pan over medium high heat, until a drop of water sizzles. Lower heat to medium; butter or oil pan. Drop batter into pan by 1/3 cupfuls.
These need to be cooked a bit longer than you might expect; they won't bubble as quickly or as much as plain pancakes. Turn down the heat if necessary, to keep them from over-browning, and let them puff up to their full extent after you turn them, which will take 2-3 minutes.
Serve with fresh cut berries and drizzle with cane syrup.