- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/ 4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 ounces burrata
- 16 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 thyme sprigs
Preheat oven to 450 and place rack at top 1/3 of oven.
In a medium saucepan, combine farro, stock and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, 30 minutes. Drain any excess water and transfer farro to medium bowl.
Return saucepan to stove at medium heat. Melt butter until dark brown, approximately 3 minutes. Pour brown butter over farro, add dill, thyme leaves and parsley, and stir to combine.
While farro is cooking, prepare the mushrooms. In a medium bowl, whisk together miso paste, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, salt. Add mushrooms and toss to combine. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet along with thyme sprigs and roast until charred and tender, approximately 10-12 minutes rotating pan and tossing mushrooms halfway through.
To assemble, pour farro into large shallow bowl, add mushrooms on top and then top with torn pieces of burrata. Zest lemon over dish and garnish with dill, thyme and parsley leaves.