Slathered in a bourbon-brown sugar glaze, these half beef/half mushroom skewers are ideal for weeknight grilling!
Want to grab a Grass-Fed Beef Sampler Box for yourself? Click here!
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce, or tamari
- 1/ 3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
For the Skewers:
- 4 (6 ounce) Silver Fern Farms Angus New Zealand Grass-Fed Beef Tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 15 baby bella mushrooms, halved
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lime wedges, for serving
Place soy sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, garlic, onion, cilantro and bourbon in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sauce has thickened and reduced about 10-15 minutes.
Preheat a gas grill to medium heat. Season tenderloin chunks with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Mix until all pieces are coated. Divide between metal skewers incorporating mushrooms onto the skewers as well.
Place on grill and brush with half of the sauce, reserving the other half in a separate container for serving. Grill until your preference of doneness, about 2-3 minutes a side for medium rare.
Place on a platter with remaining sauce. Squeeze lime on top and serve.