For the Carrots
- 1 bunch (8-10) carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Amba Tahini
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 11/2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac, optional
Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Roll the carrots in olive oil, season with salt and pepper then roast for 25-30 minutes until softened and slightly charred.
Whisk the tahini ingredients together.
Once the carrots are cooked, allow to cool and top with tahini. Best served at room temperature.