- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/ 4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces (about 2 pieces) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/ 2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/ 2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large egg
- 1 small lemon
- 1/ 2 cup shredded mozzarella, or 4 rounds of sliced mozzarella
- 12 ounces papardelle, or your favorite dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups spinach
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.
On a sheet pan combine cherry and crushed tomatoes, 5 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine and roast 10 minutes.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, toss with butter then cover to keep warm.
Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally, parallel to work surface, to form 4 thin cutlets. In a shallow dish combine panko, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, pepper, Parmesan and oil. Stir until combined. Crack egg into a second shallow dish, whisk and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Pat chicken cutlets dry with paper towel, rub each with remaining crushed garlic clove and season with salt and pepper. Dip each cutlet in egg wash first then coat using the ‘wet hand/ dry hand’ method, pressing firmly into the Parmesan mixture to adhere evenly.
After 15 minutes remove tomatoes from oven, stir then add coated cutlets on top. Continue roasting until tomatoes are saucy and chicken is cooked through, with an internal temp of 165ºF, 10-15 minutes.
Top each cutlet evenly with mozzarella cheese. Then broil until cheese is bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Season fresh spinach with the juice of the remaining half a lemon, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle remaining fresh basil over the entire tray. On a bed of spinach add buttered pasta, roasted tomato sauce and chicken. Sprinkle with fresh basil to taste and serve with a loaf of bread.