- 8 ounces assorted olives, with pits
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 lemon, and/or orange peels
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- 2 sprigs sprigs thyme, optional
- 6 ounces feta or vegan feta, (in the brine), for serving
Gently smash the olives. Combine olives, garlic, olive oil, citrus peels, and chili flakes or thyme in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until the edges of the garlic are golden. Olive mixture should also be very aromatic. Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Coarsely break feta into small-medium size chunks. Place feta chunks in a serving bowl. Pour slightly cooled marinated olives over the feta. If less oil is desired, use a slotted spoon to do this. Serve with crusty bread or crackers and your preferred spirit.