- 4 rounds pita bread, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs like parsley, mint and cilantro, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Put the pita wedges on a baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Put the chickpeas in a small pot along with 1/2 cup of water and salt and bring it to boil to warm them up. Drain.
Meanwhile, put the yogurt, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, tahini paste, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Break up the toasted pita wedges a bit and arrange them in an even layer on the a serving platter, bowl, or casserole dish. Top with the warm chickpeas, then the vegan yogurt sauce. Sprinkle cilantro, chili flakes and serve with additional pita. Enjoy!