- 1 1/ 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/ 2 red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
In a large stock pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add couscous, cover for 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove cover from couscous and fluff with a fork, then set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and garlic pepper. Set aside.
In another pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
Add diced bell peppers and red onions. Sauté 3-5 minutes until tender.
Pour whisked eggs. Scramble eggs into vegetables for 2 to 5 minutes. Stir in couscous. Season to taste.
Divide into bowls topped with green onions and fresh basil leaves.