- 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/ 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/ 4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1/ 4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/ 3 cup crushed pistachios
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the 1/2 cup butter and sugar for a few minutes, until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Then mix in the vanilla and salt.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to wet mixture in the stand mixer until well combined.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. With a pastry brush, carefully brush each madeleine mold with melted butter. Scoop a tablespoon of batter into each mold. No need to spread batter! It will spread while baking!
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until just set. Remove from oven and transfer madeleines to wire rack to cool slightly.
Microwave heavy cream for 15 seconds on high. Microwave for another 10 seconds if not hot enough. Add white chocolate to heavy cream and mix well until smooth. Add matcha powder.
Dip madeleines into ganache and place on wire rack. Sprinkle with pistachios or other desired toppings and let cool to set.