- 1 stick organic salted butter
- 3/ 4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 large organic bananas
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon organic cardamom
- 3/ 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Walnuts, organic chopped, for topping
- Fine shredded coconut, organic unsweetened , for the topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter.
Add the bananas and eggs and mix on low until combined.
In a separate bowl, add the cake flour, cardamom, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk together. Set aside.
Add the milk to the butter mixture and then add the cake flour mixture on top. Mix on low until a batter forms, you’ll still see some chunks of bananas and that’s okay.
Fill muffin liners all the way full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the muffin tin.
To make the glaze: In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar, honey, and milk and whisk together until a smooth glaze forms. Using a butter knife, frost all the muffins. Add a little sprinkle of walnuts and fine shredded coconut on top.Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Gluten Free – Replace the cake flour with 284 grams (1 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons) organic gluten free flour blend.
High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.