- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken
- 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces, leaves reserved
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 green onions, sliced into halves
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season chicken generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff chicken with green onions, celery leaves (or parsley), 6 unpeeled cloves of garlic, 1 sprig rosemary and 2 sprigs thyme.
Place chopped carrots, onions, and celery in the bottom of the baking dish. Then set chicken on top of the vegetables, breast side up and then sprinkle unpeeled garlic cloves around chicken.
Pour white wine into baking tray and drizzle olive oil on chicken and vegetables, season again.
Bake until a thermometer reaches 165°F in the chicken thigh, about 55 minutes. Allow chicken to rest for 15 minutes, then carve and serve.