- 1 1/ 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 1/ 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon harissa, powder
- 1 teaspoon Ras el Hanout
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1/ 2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/ 4 cup buckwheat flour, or other flour if not gluten free
- Pita, for serving, gluten free if needed
- Hummus, for serving
- Cucumber, sliced into ribbons, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Pulse all ingredients in a small food processor. Once a smoother dough comes together, form the dough into small round balls.
Place on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes on each side. If you want them more crispy, then cook on a pan with some olive oil a few minutes.
To serve, spread hummus on pita, add cucumber ribbons and chickpea lentil balls.