- For the Polenta Squares:
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups water or broth (vegetable or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1/ 2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Toppings:
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes (can used cherry and regular size), sliced
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- handful of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
To Make the Polenta Squares:Grease a 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan with 1-2 tbsp oil and set aside.
Bring the water or stock to a boil. Very slowly whisk in the polenta, then add butter. Simmer over medium-low heat & stir for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened. Pour and spread the polenta mixture into the greased pan let set for an hour or two.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
To Assemble: Cut the polenta into 9 squares then top with pesto, sliced tomatoes and burrata. Drizzle with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts and fresh basil and serve.